Once again, I find myself at a loss to know just how to handle some situations, not the least of which is the challenge of finding time to sit down and make an entry in a blog! It has been a really busy fall semester and not having an administrative assistant has not helped at all! But budget cuts being what they are, I guess I'd better be thankful that I still have my skeleton crew working hard in the library, and keeping things going in spite of the lack of money. After getting a letter from the president of the state university (of which I am a M.L.S. graduate) today talking about their financial crisis, I guess us small guys aren't the only ones suffering this fall!
But I digress... What I meant to talk about is the foolishness that sometimes surrounds me on a college campus. I guess I am just getting too old to appreciate some of the antics of students. But then, I never was one for a lot of silliness, even when I was 18 years old.
But it does bother me to see the blatant disgregard of some students to the few rules we have in the library. Like not going out the emergency doors. We just seem to have a lot more trouble this year than ever before with people using the emergency exits, and friends even holding the doors open for them. Someone has to go running to turn off the alarm every time. My office is too far away to get there and catch the wrong-doers, but I sure get steamed at times over that small thing!
But I must admit that every time that alarm goes off I am reminded of the fable of the boy who cried wolf. I sure hope that when the real necessity comes, we won't ignore the sound because we are so used to hearing the alarm ring.
Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today! Oh, I'll get over it. And I'll try not to complain so much from now on!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment