Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's Annual Report Time

In some ways I always hate to see annual report time come because of the extra work it entails, but once I get to working on my report I begin to see encouraging signs that our year of hard work has been worthwhile. This year has been no exception to that experience. All the numbers are not calculated, but I see encouraging signs nevertheless:

1. Our library website has seen a 10% increase in website visits over the past year...
2. Library database searches have increased 102% since we first made them available to our students in 2000...
3. We now have 51,170 full-text periodicals and books available via our databases...
4. We have almost finished bar coding our entire collection in preparation for our new integrated library system due to go live the end of January...
5. The number of information literacy/library orientation sessions for last year was up by 19%, although the number of students reached is down from earlier years.


My ice cream promise to my staff has almost made me go broke! After a mild June and July, August has made up for it and I've had to buy a lot of ice cream as temperatures have been 100 and higher for most days of the month!! But it has been worth the fun of it all and made work a little more "interesting" for the month.

No comments: