Thursday, September 13, 2007

I just KNEW we were good!

I had a feeling we were good, but it has been confirmed... I have finished my annual assessment of the library and its services, and yep, we are go-o-o-od!

And I can prove it!
1. REFERENCE DEPARTMENT... On the most recent student survey, 94% of the respondents said reference assistance is available when they need it.

2. INTERLIBRARY LOAN DEPARTMENT... the number of interlibrary loans processed over the past year remains three to four times higher than our peer institutions. Our staff who process these have been very busy!

3. MINISTRY RESOURCE DEPARTMENT... Students' satisfaction with the resources available to them for their ministry skills development through the MRD grew by a whopping 24% last year. Debby must be doing something right!

4. In the Comprehensive Student Survey of Campus Facilities and Services, the Library ranked NUMBER 1 out of the nine services on the list.

5. CIRCULATION DEPARTMENT... CIU students continue to check out materials at a hectic rate, giving CIU the distiction of ranking NUMBER 1 in the state among academic libraries for numbers of circulation per FTE, even though we are far from the largest library or the largest school in the suvey.

And that's not all, but I think you get the picture.

Being the best is not easy. The library and MRD staff have worked very hard this past year to make this happen. I think they deserve our applause!

No comments: