I guess it will take me several days to get back to "normal" (whatever that is!) after attending the really good conference of the Association of Christian Librarians in Grand Rapids last week. My biggest regret of all was the numerous seminars I was unable to attend because there were too many good choices for some of the time slots!
Professional development is so important and so hard to keep up during the regular routine of work. Having seminars on topics of interest to me helps get me or keep me on the right track in my research and planning here at work.
For example, I never really thought about the importance of wording and location for signage in the library until I attended the Library Signs seminar, but it was very useful for current signage AND for the beginning stages of planning for a new library building. I also attended a seminar about planning new buildings because I want to be prepared when the word comes that we can start work on our own badly needed new space.
And I definitely want to continue my thinking and reading about Web 2.0 and social networking so we can take as much advantage of these tools as possible in our library service development over the coming several years. Facebook, here we come!
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment