Not long ago I was reading The Pilgrim's Protest online and noticed a short article with a title something like "Unsung Heros at CIU" in which the author mentioned all the student workers who don't get much appreciation shown to them for the work they do.
Although I went to college a lo-o-o-ong time ago, I have not forgotten what it was like to work my way through school. I worked in the cafeteria at my college and to make enough money for school I had to work 25-30 hours a week so I had no social life to speak of. Work was my social life!
Anyway, back to the subject... my own experience has made me more appreciative of student help than I might have been otherwise, I think. And here in the library we have the best workers we could ever want. They do their jobs with professionalism and a smile, and I have really appreciated them. We have tried to do things for them to help them feel appreciated, whether it is a note or a cookie or a lunch, or whatever. Money is not always in abundance, but we hope they sense and see our appreciation for them and the special talents they bring to our library.
Yep, we DO appreciate every one of OUR student workers.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment