I think there should be a labor law that says that whenever there is bad weather like rain or sleet or snow, workers can stay home, read a good book, play a little on the computer and drink their choice of hot beverage.
That way I wouldn't have to come to work in the sleet and freezing rain to make sure the library gets opened up... everyone could be doing the same thing (staying home, reading a good book, playing a little on the computer and drink a hot beverage).
BUT I must admit I felt good about being here in all that bad weather and snow flurries when 10 or so people were in here studying while I was working all morning. And I had my hot coffee, and I am surrounded by good books. But I didn't read... no, I just put bar code labels on a couple hundred of them instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment