I find that every couple of months I have this daydreaming session in which I think about things I'd like to do/learn if I had the time and/or the energy. This week I had one of those episodes:
1. Get my Ph.D. in Library Science. If I had known that I would one day be the director of an academic library, I would have done this. The M.L.S. is considered to be the terminal degree, but it would have been fun to study further, and would have carried more "weight" with other faculty members...
2. Learn accounting. Numbers and budgets have always fascinated me, and I'd like to know more about accounting now that I manage a fairly large library budget.
3. Learn several languages. I took Latin in high school (yep, I'm that old), French in college and studied Arabic while serving overseas. Languages, like numbers, fascinate me, so I'd also like to study linguistics. I'd like to tackle Chinese and Spanish since those are two languages I see as being among the most valuable to know in this day and age.
4. Study geography and/or map-making. Just because...
5. Get a degree in Records Management. Hey, I like to organize stuff and what better way (other than being a librarian) to organize than to keep track of records.
Well, I am just dreaming...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment